2020 Sunshine State Games
Entry Requirements / Fees
- Pre-registration entry fee is $55 for the first event and $10 for each additional event per participant and includes an official Sunshine State Games t-shirt. Pre-registration for Coaches Credential is $20. Pre-registration entries must be received by May 1, 2019 or register online here by March 20, 2020. NO refunds.
- Regular registration entry fee is $65 for the first event and $10 for each additional event per participant. Late registrants are not guaranteed a t-shirt, so register early! Regular registration for Coaches Credential is $25. Regular registration entries must be received by April 10, 2020 or register online here by May 8, 2019. NO refunds.
- Late entries will be accepted online only here by April 24, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. NO refunds. Late registration entry fee is $75 for the first event and $10 for each additional event per participant. Late registration for Coaches Credential is $30. NO refunds. On-site Late registration is only available on Friday, May 17, 2019 for Saturday competitors, from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. Only cash, checks and money orders will be accepted. Only special entry forms provided on-site will be accepted for late registration.
- No day of competition registration will be allowed.
- No coaches will be allowed in the competition area without coaching credentials. No parents or spectators will be allowed in the competition area.
- Each applicant must complete an Individual Entry Form and Waiver of Liability and submit them by the entry deadline or register online at www.sunshinestategames.com.
- Applicants should enter their weight, in pounds, in the field labeled “Body Weight”.
- Applicants should enter their Taekwondo school name in the field labeled “Club Name”.
- Color belt Applicants may enter the following events (sparring, breaking, weapons, standard/traditional forms, and/or WTF/USAT Sport Poomsae pair or team competition for 10 and above color belts). Black Belts may enter the following events (sparring, breaking, power breaking (*), weapons, standard/traditional forms, WTF/USAT Sport Poomsae individual, pair and/or team forms). (*) ONLY 18 and above BLACK BELTS may enter the power breaking division.
- The Sunshine Warrior Divisions are specifically designed for those athletes who train with physical or mental limitations, such as an amputee or an athlete with MS, Down Syndrome, Asperger Syndrome, etc. The divisions allow them to compete on a playing field which allows consideration for their limitations but encourages their warrior spirit as Tae Kwon Do athletes. Please note your specific limitation in the field labeled “Partner Name”.
- Team Poomsae events may consist of 3 male or 3 female athletes competing as a “team”. Pair Poomsae events may consist of 1 male and 1 female athlete competing as a “pair”.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm their registration by visiting www.sunshinestategames.com or calling toll-free 1-866-FL-GAMES (354-2637).
- Breaking boards must be purchased at the competition venue upon check-in. The Tournament Director must approve all breaking boards. All breaking competitors must supply their own holders.
- Power Breaking will consist of ONLY 1 station and the participant may utilize any of the following materials: wood, cement, brick, tile, granite. The center referee will make ringside inspection of the breaking materials. The participants will be REQUIRED to provide all cement, brick, tile, and granite.
- ** Tournament Director may grant a waiver to the weigh-in day requirement on a case by case basis and at his sole discretion.
Click here to register for the 2020 SSG Taekwondo Championships.
– Sunday, April 26, 2020
Friday, April 24, 2020
2:00-9:00 p.m. – On-site Registration, Athlete & Coach Credential Pick-up/Check-in/Weigh-in
Saturday, April 25, 2020
2:00-8:00 p.m. – On-site Registration, Athlete & Coach Credential Pick-up/Check-in/Weigh-in.
Sunday, April 26, 2020
7:00 a.m.: venue doors open
7:00-9:30 a.m.: Coach Credential Pickup.
NO SUNDAY ONSITE REGISTRATION
9:15 a.m.: Referee Meeting
9:30 a.m.: Coaches Meeting
9:50 a.m.: Opening Ceremonies
10:00 a.m.: First Divisions called. All Athletes must be in venue as divisions will be called out of order with multiple events running at the same time (i.e. breaking, weapons, poomsae, etc.)
AdventHealth Fieldhouse & Conference Center
210 Cypress Gardens Blvd.
Winter Haven, Florida 33880